What is airsoft?
Airsoft is game played with simulated rifles, pistols and other devices which shoot small, plastic BB’s. While airsoft has been very popular in Europe and Asia for over 20 years, it is only becoming popular in North America in the last 10 years. Many folks in the US are very familiar with Paintball and tend to be less familiar with airsoft as a sport.
For the purpose of this article, we will use the terms rifles, pistols, grenades all in the context of the airsoft sport. It is important to note that airsoft ‘guns’ are not firearms. Rather, they are classified by state and federal agencies as toys. Now, while they may be legally termed as toys, they are still dangerous due to the high muzzle velocity of the flying bb’s.
Airsoft teams in the Treasure Valley
- A great article about lithium polymer (Li-Po) batteries
- How to make a “Solomon Bar” lanyard using Para-cord
- Biodegradable BB article
Batteries, chargers & analyzers:
- 3 cell 11.1v 20C Li-Po battery
- Green Power Li-Poly Battery – 25C 2200mah 11.1V $19.70
- Ultra portable Li-Po low voltage monitor
- Li-Po multi-cell voltage analyzer
- Dynam Supermate DC6 Lipo Balancing Charger
- Battery care
DIY Electrical upgrades:
- Mods to increase Rate of Fire (ROF)
- Mosfet switch upgrade
- FRS/GMRS information
- Motorola SX600R 2-Way FRS/GMRS Radio Pair
- Motorola MR350R MOTOROLA TALKABOUT 35 MILE RANGE RADIO
- Motorola TalkAbout Earbud with Microphone for All Series